Faster than Silverstone and more challenging than Suzuka.
The F1 circuit of Spa Francorchamps is regarded by many pilots as the most beautiful race track in the world .
Infamous turns as Eau-Rouge, Raidillon and Blanchimont make this track a true challenge.
A lap on the fast and hilly track in the Belgian Ardennes is pure sensation !
The circuit posseses all the facilities and safety measures of a modern F1 venue combined with the flowing properties of an old school track that follows the natural undulations of the landscape.
Circuit Spa Francorchamps is one of the two track most mythical tracks each motorsport enthusiast has to drive. The other is of course the Nurburgring which is located just 100km away.
If you want to drive Spa Francorchamps, drive it with TrackTime !
Options To Drive Circuit Spa Francorchamps
If you want to drive Spa Francorcahmps you have two options.
First there is the Spa Francorchamps Driving Experience days organised by the track itself. Further you have private trackdays which are organised on many days each year.
The Spa Francorchamps Public Driving Experience
These days are organised by the track itself.
The days are run in sessions of 25 minutes each. You can book 4 to maximum 6 sessions a day.
Each year there are about seven days available.
The 2018 dates are:
- Monday 2 april
- Sunday 6 mei
- Monday 11 juni
- Thursday 19 juli
- Friday 3 augustus
- Sunday 21 oktober
- Saturday 10 november
Spa Francorchamps Trackdays
General Spa Francorchamps trackdays are a good alternative if you are looking for more tracktime. There are plenty of available dates each year, on avery about 50. We have a complete Spa Francorchamps trackday calendar giving you an overview of all the dates.
Here below is a selection of the most interesting of those dates:
- Tuesday 26 june
- Monday 16 july
- Tuesday 17 july
- Monday 25 september
- Sunday 11 november
Info Spa Francorchamps Public Driving Experience
Entry Fees Spa Driving Experience:
- 4 runs of 25 minutes : 290€
- Passengers: 40€ ( max 3 per vehicle)
- Helmet rental: 20€
- Extra pilot: 50€ per pilot
- Additional run of 25 minutes ( according to availability ) : 80€
- Single run: 100€
Circuit Spa Francorchamps Address:
- Address: Route du Circuit 55
- City: Stavelot
- Postcode: 4970
- Country: Belgium
2018 Spa Francorchamps Driving Experience Dates :
|Maandag 2 April||9u - 16u30|
|Zondag 6 Mei||13u - 18u|
|Maandag 11 Juni||9u - 16u30|
|Donderdag 19 Juli||9u - 16u30|
|Vendredi 3 Augustus||9u - 16u30|
|Zaterdag 10 november||9u - 16u30|
Spa Francorchamps Driving Experience Conditions
- Helmets and fastening seatbelts obligatory
- The first reconnaissance lap will be driven behinda pace car for each group.Passing the pace car is expressly forbidden.
- To enter the track, all participants must use the pitlane specified during the briefing.
- At the end of each session, the red lights on themarshal stations will turn on and the red flags willbe waved. All participants will have to returnimmediately to the pit lane in the paddock, at amoderate speed. The same procedure may beperformed at the safety services.
- If a participant breaks down on the track, he must push his car as close as possible to theguard rail or wall and wait behind the guard rail until the session ends for the rescue vehicleto pick him up.
- Driving against traffic or in reverse on the track is strictly forbidden.
- The maximum speed allowed in the pit lane is 60 km/h. The maximum speed allowed in thepaddock is 30 km/h.
- In the event of an incident, only safety service vehicles with their equipment, crew andemergency doctor onboard are allowed to enter the track to address the incident.
- Respect in any case the flags presented by the Marshalls
- Keep a safety distance between each car. Car chasing, aggressive overtaking or dangerouscarpooling will be sanctioned by neutralizing of the track, the cars who are involved will beexcluded directly
- Overtaking: only permitted at straight lines.
- The car which is overtaking is the only one who can change the line. The slower car has tolet pass the other one
Spa Francorchamps Driving Experience Cars
When choosing a car to drive Spa Francorchamps you can choose between two rental formulas:
Basic rental: car rental fee with insurance and unlimited kilometers/laps
All- in rental: car rental fee with insurance, unlimited kilometers, track entry fee and fuel
Circuit Spa Francorchamps General Info
Due to the introduction of the Television Without Frontiers Directive (1989), tobacco advertising and sponsorship on television were banned within the European Union from 1991. Formula One faced a major threat regarding races in its historical European heartland. Due to these political and legislative circumstances, the Grand Prix at Spa was left out of the 2003 calendar as a response to the internal tobacco legislation in Belgium. The event was tagged as a World Class event within the national senate, and thus it was saved for the 2004 Formula One season. The section known as the Bus Stop chicane was reprofiled for 2004 with an additional sweep to the right.
Spa was dropped from the Formula One calendar in 2006. The organiser of the event went bankrupt in late 2005, and therefore the planned improvements to the race track and paddock had not yet been made. The Wallonia government stepped in and provided the necessary funds, but too late for the 2006 race to take place.
From 2007 tobacco advertising bans limited the number of sponsors from the industry finding the sport appealing. From 2010, only the Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro still had tobacco branding; soon after that the team dropped the Marlboro “stripes” from their race cars after accusations of it being linked to subliminal advertising.
With a new financial backer, the renovation started on 6 November 2006 and finished in May 2007, costing around €19 million.
Formula 1 returned to Spa for 2007, with a modified track layout. The Bus Stop chicane was moved back towards Blanchimont and the La Source hairpin moved forward. This allowed more space for the new pit lane. The modifications gave a longer start/finish straight.